MADISON COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB BYLAWS
The name of the organization shall be the Madison County Republican Women’s Club
The objectives of this organization shall be to:
- Provide political education and legislative information.
- Provide a wider knowledge of the principals of the Republican Party.
- Increase the number of registered Republicans.
- Recruit, promote, and support qualified Republican women for political office.
- Give exposure to and work actively for Republican candidates.
There shall be two membership classes, to-wit:
- Regular members, being women who support the principals of the Republican Party.
- Associate members, being men who support the principles of the Republican Party or women members in good standing of other Ohio Federation of Republican Women clubs.
Associate members may not make motions, vote, or hold office in this organization.
Annual dues for regular members shall be $20.00, due at the October meeting. Dues shall be $10.00 for associate members. Members who have failed to pay dues by January 15th of the calendar year shall be removed from membership.
The officers of this organization shall be a president, vice-president, a recording/corresponding secretary, and treasurer.
- A nominating committee of three members shall be appointed at the September meeting by the president and vice president. That committee shall select a chair from its members and shall present at least one nominee for each office at the meeting in October.
- Further nominations may be made from the floor at the October meeting,
- The officers shall be elected by ballot for one year term at the annual meeting on October. If there is but one nominee for each office the election may be by voice vote.
- A vacancy in the office of president shall be filled by the vice-president. A vacancy in any other office shall be filled by a majority vote of the membership.
The president shall:
- Preside at all meetings.
- Appoint committee chairs.
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Arrange for an audit of the books in October.
- Receive and reply to all written and telephonic correspondence.
The Vice president shall:
Preside in the absence of the president.
Perform other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
The secretary shall:
- Keep the minutes of all meetings of the organization.
- Assist the president with replying to all written, electronic and/or telephonic correspondence.
- Notify the members of regular and special meetings.
The treasurer shall:
- Keep all funds of the organization in a checking or savings account.
- Pay all bills as authorized by vote or the membership.
- Keep financial records on a current basis and report monthly to the membership.
- All Officers shall present all financial records and documents to their successors within fifteen days after leaving office.
- Regular meetings shall be held once a month during the following months: January, February, March, April, May, August, September, and October.
- The regular meeting in January shall be the annual meeting.
- The Officers, by a three-fourths vote, may change or cancel a meeting date.
- Special meetings may be called by the president or at the request of five members.
- The quorum for any meeting shall be five members present.
Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall consist of the elected officers and the standing committee chairs.
- Meetings shall be held on an as needed basis.
- A quorum shall be a simple majority of the Board.
- The Board shall:
- Transact all business between meetings of the club.
- Make recommendations to the club.
- Develop and adopt a budget.
- Elect delegates and alternates of OFRW and NFRW in accordance with OFRW and NFRW bylaws.
- The standing committees shall be membership, publicity, legislation, community outreach, and event.
- Special committees may be appointed by the president for specific purposes.
- All chairs shall present financial records and documents to the president for their successor within fifteen days after leaving office.
Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall apply on all questions of procedures not specified in these bylaws or the OFRW and NFRW bylaws.
These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds vote at any regular meeting provided that at least fifteen days written notice has been given at all members.
Changes in these bylaws necessitated by amendments to the OFRW or NFRW bylaws shall be affected by the membership in like manner.
Mailed or given to members: May 9, 2016. Voted on and passed at regular meeting: May 24, 2016.
Changes submitted by By-Laws Committee
Rhonda Colvin – President and Chairman